Full Time Non-Exempt
The primary duty of the Administrative Assistant is to provide general administrative support, specifically office upkeep, support for all staff members and their respective programs or projects, as well as to provide support to the Administrative Coordinator, to whom this position reports. Openlands is a fast paced work environment and is looking for a candidate who can be proactive in every role and individual task listed below. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Respond to incoming telephone calls and visitors, provide appropriate assistance, and take messages or refer to proper party; perform office support functions as needed including sending faxes, making copies, etc.
- Plan, organize, maintain and update a variety of files, records and databases
- Monitor inventory of all office and kitchen supplies, replenish inventory as needed and maintain all account information; maintain general order of meeting rooms and kitchen
- Print materials and booklets for meetings and program workshops
- Sort, stamp and distribute departmental mail; process returned mail; maintain all shipping accounts, schedule pickups and sign for deliveries (USPS, FedEx, UPS and messenger services)
- Register staff members for conferences; schedule travel arrangements upon request
- Record minutes at board meetings and any other meetings upon request
- Confirm attendance for scheduled organization meetings; maintain organization calendars
- Set up and clean up for scheduled meetings, including ordering any meals or refreshments
- Administer petty cash fund
- Provide administrative support for human resource and finance functions as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to perform functions with minimal supervision, very detailed oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information, records and reports
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access, Excel and the Internet with the ability to learn new software such as Fund EZ and Donor Perfect
- Able to work in an environment involving regular interruptions while performing other tasks, ability to prioritize, multi-task and communicate with supervisor when additional guidance is needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift 25 lbs and move between main work station and kitchen and meeting rooms to perform tasks
- Arrive promptly at 9 AM, but also able to periodically shift work schedule to arrive at work at 7 AM to set up room and refreshments for early meetings
- Able to occasionally attend offsite events and meetings to support organization activities
- Associates Degree and three years of experience working in an office environment, preferred not required
Salary range is market competitive. Benefits include health, life, and disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation time.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line Administrative Assistant by Friday, January 23, 2015.
Openlands is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
Founded in 1963, Openlands is one of the nation’s oldest and most successful metropolitan conservation organizations, having helped secure, protect, and provide public access to more than 55,000 acres of land for parks, forest preserves, wildlife refuges, land and water greenway corridors, and urban gardens. For more information, visit http://www.openlands.org.