Another great opportunity to aim for, requires a Bachelor’s Degree and Experience:
Sustainability Project Manager (Term)
Auto req ID: 34840BR
School/Unit: Campus Services
Sub-Unit: Office for Sustainability
Department: Office for Sustainability
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sustainability Project Manager will serve in a temporary role to replace the position during a leave of absence. The position project manages university-wide sustainability programs and policy development and implementation. This position includes a strong focus on governance and partnership development and management, working with a range of internal and external stakeholders, and especially Facilities leaders and team members.
Reporting to the Director, this position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Sustainability and Energy Management Council (SEMC) and associated working groups (the SEMC is comprised of senior facilities, finance, IT and HR leaders, to develop, review, approve and recommend campus sustainability and energy policies and guidelines in support of the university’s sustainability goals;)
- Prep for and coordinate committee meetings for policy/guideline review and discussions, updates on university-wide sustainability goals and sharing of best practices and challenges;
- Oversee and staff SEMC working groups to ensure action is taken on key deliverables for this year.
- Clearly communicate with SEMC members as needed.
- Support the GHG Reduction Implementation program and Sustainability Plan implementation efforts as required, by conducting research, aggregating, analyzing and presenting data, project managing, and other duties as assigned.
- Support the OFS Senior team in the planning for and execution of key stakeholder groups and Task Forces:
- Project manage preparations for senior level meetings.
- Compile notes and materials both before and after meetings.
- Write first drafts of materials, PowerPoints, etc.
- BA/BS required and 3- years of experience in environmental management or other relevant field preferred, OR Masters in Environmental Studies/Sciences or professional degree (Architecture, Urban Planning, etc) and 2+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from concept through implementation
- Ability to present to Senior Executives and a wide array of other stakeholders
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of environmental sustainability issues, green building, energy conservation, recycling, etc.
- Excellent communication and outreach skills
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, and ability to manage multiple projects and shifting responsibilities
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability and general ability to respond to emerging opportunities and barriers in a constantly changing environment
- Must be creative, enthusiastic, collaborative and entrepreneurial with a high level of energy and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher and ability to learn software as needed
Technology Skills Required:Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher is required. An ability to learn Harvard systems and web software quickly is a requirement.
Experience in campus (or other institution) sustainability or institutional change desired
This is a term position with an end date of May 29, 2015.
Appointment End Date:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Online App. Form:||https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerID=25240&siteI D=5341&AReq=34840BR|