Joint Research/Communications Fellowship with Sustainable Endowments Institute
The Sustainable Endowments Institute (SEI), a special project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, seeks highly motivated and reliable individuals for a full time Joint Research and Communications Fellowship this summer.
The fellowship positions will last 10-12 weeks, dependent on applicant interest and/or project responsibilities, starting on or after June 1, 2015 . Flexible scheduling arrangements can be considered in certain circumstances.
The Institute’s successful Research Fellows program is entering its tenth year and has involved undergraduate/graduate students and alumni from dozens of leading schools including: Brandeis, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Kalamazoo, Michigan, Northeastern, Oberlin, Penn, Stanford, UC Santa Barbara, Vermont Law School, Williams, and Yale.
The Sustainable Endowments Institute is a nonprofit organization engaged in research and education to advance sustainability in operations and endowment practices. Located in downtown Boston, MA, our office is easily accessible by public transportation. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our websites before applying: www.endowmentinstitute.org and www.GreenBillion.org.
The Joint Research and Communications Fellow’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting weekly communications with a network of colleges and universities administrators and students
- Coordinating information and working with other Research Fellows and Institute staff on current and new research
- Conducting web research on sustainability programs
- Reviewing, verifying, and updating previously gathered material
- Data analysis and entry
- Developing innovative outreach strategies to connect with new constituencies
- Providing research and communications support for two SEI programs: the Billion Dollar Green Challenge and the Green Revolving Investment Tracking System.
- Demonstrated experience with advancing sustainability on campus or in communities
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to navigate the internet and conduct comprehensive and targeted research
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to succinctly summarize data
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Work experience with college and university administrators on campus-oriented projects a plus
- Flexible and cooperative work ethic
- Experience designing and administering surveys, or coursework in survey methodology
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
How to apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, ending on April 3, 2015. For the best chance of being offered a Joint Research/Communications Fellow position, applicants should apply as soon as possible.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample as Microsoft Word or PDF file attachments. Send to Emily Flynn, Associate Director, at the following email: info(at)endowmentinstitute.org.
Please address the following questions within the body of your cover letter:
- How did you hear about the SEI joint Research and Communications Fellowship opportunity?
- Why are you interested in working for the Sustainable Endowments Institute?
- What experiences—work-related or otherwise—have you had on the topic of environmental sustainability, either inside higher education or in another sector?
- What set of skills or experiences have you had working with college and university administrators and /or other student leaders on campus?
- What are you hoping to gain from a position at SEI?
SEI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.