2nd Annual “Students for Zero Waste” Conference
Assistant Professor at the Memorial University of Newfoundland, Max’s research and activism focuses on how harmful, usually invisible, phenomena such as disasters, toxicants, and marine plastics become manifest in science and advocacy, and how this relates to action. Founder of the Civic Laboratory for Environmental Action Research (CLEAR) and re-designer of New York University’s Green Grants program, Max has experience in campus and community organizing. For more on Max check out her website and the Discard Studies Blog, of which she is managing editor.
- Social, economic and environmental injustice
- Plastic pollution and toxicity
- Debunking false solutions and greenwashing
- Leadership and student turnover
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Grant-Writing 101
- Maintaining Work-Life Balance (How to not get burnt out)
- Creating Management Hierarchy for Internships or Work-Study positions
- Personal: Zero Waste Lifestyle, Community Organizing…
- Campus: Campus Wide Zero Waste Projects, Industrial Composting, etc….
- Industrial Recycling: Carpet, Textile, Electronic Waste, & other Hard to Recycle Materials.
- For-Profit Zero Waste: Extended Producer Responsibility, Business solutions for zero waste, pre-cycling, upcycling, etc..
- Setting up an Industrial Compost Program
- Improving Recycling and Composting Rates
- Campus Waste Audits
- Bin Design for Zero Waste
- Zero Waste Stadiums
- Zero Waste Events
- Zero Waste Tailgating
- Campus Procurement for Zero Waste
- Banning Plastic Bags, Styrofoam, or Plastic Bottles
- Institutionalizing Zero Waste – How to set campus-wide goals
- Campus Thrift Stores
- Campus Free Stores
- Students for Zero Waste Clubs
We want to accommodate you! If your idea does not fit within our structure just fill out as much as you can and we will do what we can to fit you in!
For more information about the conference including: logistics planning, overnight information for students, or other opportunities to present, table, or sponsor the conference, please feel free to contact email@example.com at any time!