Second Nature is hiring for a Carbon Credit and Purchasing Program Internship, located in Boston and starting this month.
- Support the research & development of a large-scale Carbon Credit and Purchasing Program (C2P2)
- Assist with communications and outreach between existing carbon market participants and with the broader ACUPCC network of potential participants
- Assist with Second Nature’s carbon registry account setup and management
- Provide technical support and assistance for new and existing C2P2 program participants
- Research and data analysis of program outcomes
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned and dependent on applicants skills and interest
Knowledge of sustainability issues, including an understanding of carbon offset markets, and sustainability financing are musts. Outstanding candidates will possess: data analysis skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, an advanced understanding of the ACUPCC including experience with greenhouse gas inventories and/or climate action planning, in-depth knowledge and passion for climate leadership issues relevant to higher education, and the ability to contribute to the growth of the organization and program through new skills, insights, and ideas.
Position Details: This position requires a 6 month, 10-20 hour week commitment with some working presence in the Second Nature office in downtown Boston during business hours (9am-5pm), beginning in July/August 2015 and ending January/February 2016. This is a competitively paid internship and can be also completed for credit.
Who Should Apply: Graduate students, highly motivated undergraduates, and recent graduates are invited to apply. Women and people of color applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Please complete the form below (available at http://secondnature.org/who-we-are/employment#op-71904-offset-intern)