The SCA Chicago still has a few positions available for the Fall – SCA Calumet Crew Program. We are seeking participants who are interested in an 8 week experience restoring Natural Areas in the Calumet Region in partnership with the Chicago Park District, Forest Preserves of Cook County, and Openlands. Please note, this Particular listing is directed towards young women!
Environment Education workshops and Outdoor Recreation opportunities are included.
- 8 week PAID experience: $10/hr- 36 weekly hours/// September 29th – November 21st
- Transportation included from central pick up location
|SCA Fall Calumet Crew Member|
Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and conserve our Natural Resources along with 10 female, young adult participants for the SCA Fall Calumet Crew.
Program Dates: September 29th – November 21st
Compensation: $10hr. rate/ 36 weekly hours for an 8 weeks program
Co-lead, transport, mentor and coach a crew of 10 young adult women, ages 18- 21, while completing various conservation service projects (in the Calumet Region) designed to build an ethic of community and environmental stewardship. Projects include a range of activities such as trail and park maintenance, habitat restoration, revitalization of abandoned urban properties or urban agriculture and runs for 8 weeks. Projects will occur on Chicago Park District, Forest Preserve District and Openlands property. In addition, leaders will facilitate pre- and post- program planning which includes crew training, environmental education and reporting.
- Must be female, minimum of 18- 24 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred but not required i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
Please email Carina Ruiz at email@example.com with the position of interest listed in the subject line (SCA Fall Calumet Crew Leader), include resume and cover letter
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org