There are currently two great openings for those interested in environmental/outdoor education at Lorado Taft in Oregon, IL. which is run by NIU. You can find more details on applying by clicking the links below. Both are paid positions with housing and board provided!
Education Program Specialist, Northern Illinois University, Lorado Taft Campus, August 16, 2016 – May 31, 2017.
- Develop and teach classes in the outdoor environment to students in the 4th to 8th grades.
- Develop curricula and resources for the program.
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of campus teaching, habitat, and resource storage areas.
- Six months experience as an educator or facilitator of non-formal education programming, camp staff, or naturalist.
- Two months experience teaching, facilitating, or participating in outdoor education or recreation activities.
- Degree in education, science, natural resources, recreation, history, or related field.
Responsibilities: Along with the Outdoor Education Coordinator and additional Outdoor Education Assistant Coordinator, this person is responsible for executing a successful outdoor education program at Lorado Taft Field Campus that includes residential programs, day-use programs, and outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in outdoor education, administration, natural sciences or a related field by starting date.
- Three years’ experience in outdoor/environmental education programming.
- One year experience in a position that includes facilitating team building and/or challenge course activities.