Go Green Wilmette Intern
Go Green Wilmette (GGW) is offering an internship to a qualified applicant to assist our organization with all our activities, especially planning and hosting our annual environmental fair, Going Green Matters, on March 12, 2017. GGW, established in 2006, is a small but very active environmental 501(c)(3) organization working to increase environmental awareness in our community. We are also a founding partner of the Consortium of North Shore Environmental Groups (CONSEG) and North Shore Green Women.
OPPORTUNITIES – Intern can expect:
- Substantive and meaningful work, under the supervision of various board members
- Involvement in meetings
- Several short and long term projects
- Networking opportunities with many GGW volunteers, Going Green Matters sponsors and exhibitors, and north shore and Chicago members of the environmental community
- Formal evaluation of the intern’s performance at the end of the internship
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Intern will work with GGW Board Members and designated volunteers to assist the organization in activities that may include:
- Assisting with our annual event, Going Green Matters, scheduled for March 12, 2017. Duties include publicity, sponsor and exhibitor relations, event web site management, facility issues, signage, etc.
- Assisting with the Consortium of North Shore Environmental Groups (CONSEG) events
- Editing our on-line newsletter
- Updating and editing two websites
- Updating our Facebook page
- Assisting with book discussions, film showings and public events
- Attending meetings of the Wilmette Environmental & Energy Commission
- Participating in community efforts such as increasing business recycling
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: We are seeking a candidate with strong people skills who can work well on his/her own and with volunteers. Must have a strong interest in environmental issues and have completed related coursework. Excellent writing skills, attention to details and experience in media, marketing and web site management a plus.
HOURS REQUIRED: Approx. 10 – 20 Hours per week, negotiable, hours and weeks flexible.
This is an unpaid internship that will provide the right candidate with a variety of experiences in the areas of marketing, publicity, media, public events, community organizing and current affairs. Stipend of $599 may be available.
CONTACT: Beth Drucker
President, Go Green Wilmette
www.goinggreenmatters.org (Event w