The deadline to apply for an NGRREC Internship is Monday, January 18th!
Every year, the National Great Rivers Research and Education Center (NGRREC) hosts a highly successful summer internship program for college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. This prestigious program is a paid internship opportunity, providing a $4,000 (pre-tax) stipend over the course of the program, and gives students a chance to gain real experience in variety of environmental careers such as ecological research, fisheries science, education, policy, and social science. At the conclusion of this nine week internship, students present their project results to their fellow interns, faculty advisors, and invited guests at a two-day Intern Symposium. This year, NGRREC anticipates selecting 27 students for this competitive internship program.
We recently received a diverse array of project proposals by faculty and agency advisors from organizations throughout the Mississippi River Watershed, each wishing to mentor a NGRREC college intern through their research experience. We are now accepting student applications to match qualified and motivated students with each of the projects selected.
To apply, students must complete an online application form. No emailed submissions will be accepted. The application and a summary of this year’s projects and their locations can be found at http://www.ngrrec.org/Apply/. The deadline to apply for this program is Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
- GPA 3.25 or higher
- Required attendance at Orientation (May 23-26) and Intern Symposium (July 31- Aug 1) if accepted as an intern.
- Submission of all required materials, online, by the application deadline (Jan. 18).
Required Materials: All application materials must be submitted electronically within the online application form by the January 18 deadline.
- Biographical sketch– Submit a brief statement (100 words or less) about yourself, your interests, and where you see yourself career-wise in 5 years. This information will be included in the August symposium proceedings.
- College transcript– Unofficial copy will suffice as long as your name is clearly visible on the transcript. A screenshot or a typed Word version of your transcript will not be accepted.
- Resume – Include all relevant coursework, previous employment, internships, and volunteer positions. Organization name, location, and dates should be included.
- Cover letter(optional, but encouraged) – Feel free to include a cover letter outlining what makes you a good candidate for this internship. Include any additional information, such as your career and academic goals, that would help us assess your fit for our internship program.
- Jan. 18: Application Deadline
- May 23-26: Intern Program Short Course (attendance required)
- May 30 – July 28: Summer Internship
- July 31 – Aug. 1: Intern Symposium (attendance required)
For questions or more information, please contact NGRREC Intern Program Coordinator, Natalie Marioni at email@example.com.