Seven Generations Ahead Job Posting
Position: Sustainability Program Associate – Entry Level Position
- The Job
The Sustainability Program Associate position will provide program support across a variety of SGA projects and programs, including PlanItGreen and the Fox Valley Sustainability Network (FVSN), Zero Waste Schools, Farm to School, and GreenTown. The position will incorporate research, event and forum production, project implementation support, and other related tasks. As with all SGA staff, the position will also support general SGA organizational events and functions. The full-time position will specifically prioritize the following work tasks:
- Meeting participation, research, minutes, and project work related to PlanItGreen, GreenTown, and the Fox Valley Sustainability Network. (30% time)
- Project and program implementation support for SGA’s Zero Waste Schools. (30% time)
- Project and program implementation support for SGA’s Farm to School work. (30% time)
- Research on sustainability best practices, policies, and funding and program resources linked to SGA sustainability project work. (5% time)
- General SGA event and organization support. (5% time)
Undergraduate degree with some background in sustainability. Good content knowledge across multiple sustainability topic areas. Very good verbal and written communications skills. Excellent relationship building skills. Computer and information management skills.
III. Skills and Competencies
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Ability to collaborate with partner organizations
* Respectful, engaging and professional communication style
* Strong writing skills
* Strong relationship builder
* Positive attitude
* Strong time management
* Detail oriented
* Ability to maintain flexible work schedule
- Pay based on an annual salary of $27,500 + $2,500 medical benefits stipend (total compensation = $30,000).
- Ten (10) days of paid vacation.
- All SGA paid holidays (10) within contract timeframe.
- Eight (8) personal days.
- Other benefits as included in SGA’s Personnel Policy Manual.
- Physical Fitness Benefits as approved in 2018 SGA budget.
- Contract Time Frame and Evaluation
Initial one-year contract (January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018) with opportunity to renew and develop extended contract. Three, six and twelve-month evaluation dates
- How to Apply
Include 2 professional references with contact information.