Outreach Affiliate will support the work of the Alliance’s education and volunteer efforts, including the Adopt-a-Beach™ Program, on-the-ground volunteer opportunities, and other local projects in and around Chicago. The Outreach Affiliate will work closely with the Volunteer Manager and Education Manager on communications, event planning, research, data management and evaluation of our programs.
This is a part-time, temporary, paid position for March – September 2019. Applicants for this position must have college experience. Progressive work experience may be considered in lieu of college experience. This position is based in Chicago, IL. Applicants must be comfortable with navigating travel in the Chicagoland area.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support the Alliance’s volunteer programs by conducting outreach to new and returning volunteers and mailing Adopt-a-Beach™ supplies;
- Provide logistical support to the Adopt-a-Beach™ program by organizing and accurately imputing data from Adopt-a-Beach™, advocacy and special events;
- Attend local Adopt-a-Beach™ events;
- Attend community tabling/speaking events to recruit potential volunteers and expand the Alliance’s presence in the community;
- Coordinate in-person and online trainings for volunteers;
- Coordinate with beach/land managers to ensure proper permits for Adopt-a-Beach™ events;
- Conduct online research to support Alliance volunteering programming, with a focus on volunteer management technology and community engagement in communities not currently engaged by the Alliance; and
- Help with administrative/office tasks as needed.